Thank you for checking on possible themes and/or topics I could speak on at your event. I am happy to make suggestions, or I would be honored to work with your team on customizing a theme that would best meet the needs of your group.
I speak for women’s retreats and conferences, church services, outreach luncheons/dinners, Christmas events, mother/daughter events, fundraising events, and arena events. My fee is flexible and I’m happy to do one message or a two, three, or four message weekend. I don’t have a required number of attendees.
Here are a few themes and topics you might want to consider. We can talk by phone about additional options or recommended messages titles for luncheons and dinners.
Theme for the Conference: “Unquenchable Faith!”
The subtitle of the book called Unquenchable is: Grow a Wildfire Faith that Will Endure Anything.
Suggested theme verse: “Don’t burn out; keep yourselves fueled and aflame. Be alert servants of the Master, cheerfully expectant. Don’t quit in hard times…” Romans 12:11-12 MSG
Suggested messages topics for a three-message weekend are below:
- “The Firestorm: Making Hope-filled Choices” — I address the inevitable challenges our faith goes through and that at some point in our lives, our faith is often tested by a faith-shaking experience. (I weave in part of my own testimony of our journey with our son, a US Naval Academy graduate who is now in prison with a life sentence.) The scripture is from Daniel…and I emphasize that sometimes God delivers us from the heat of the storm, but “even if he does not,” we can still choose unwavering faith.
- “Burning Bushes” — This session addresses those “marker moments” in our lives when we are confronted with the voice and/or the power of God when we most need it and when we least expect it. The challenge is this–when life is confusing, look back on the “burning bush experiences” in your life and remember what God did. I will also discuss the importance of embers. They do their work of igniting new wood when new fuel is thrown on the fire, but in between those times they will bury themselves under the gray ashes and allow the fire to slowly burn itself deeper and deeper into their core. We see our frailties and limitations, but we also know that God loves, enjoys, delights in, and even celebrates our fellowship, as we develop enduring faith.
- “Unquenchable Faith” — This session will deal with what happens when the flame of adversity comes face to face with the God of the Flame. I’ll discuss how to pierce the darkness and reveal what happens when the light of the Shekinah glory of God illuminates, transforms, and changes the landscape of our lives, our families, and our churches into an unstoppable faith.
Theme for Conference: Embracing a New Kind of Normal
Theme verse: “See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.” Isaiah 43:19 NIV
- “Living in A New Kind of Normal” — I’ll begin by welcoming the group and doing a brief humorous introduction. Then I’ll say, “But before I share my message, watch this.” I have a 6.25 minute DVD that is a summary of our story, produced by the Billy Graham Association. The message will list the Bible-based choices we need to make when life as we once dreamed it would be thrusts us into a new kind of normal.
2. “Developing Spiritual Authenticity”
This session will focus on how to be “the real deal” as we practice biblical principles for building honesty and integrity into our relationships with God and with each other. Instead of hiding in our secrets, we’ll be challenged to be actively involved in gaining spiritual strength from God’s Word as we focus on integrity of heart and appropriate vulnerability with each other.
- “Becoming a Woman of Influence”
This session is on seven ways Jesus impacted His disciples that teach us how to pass truth on to the next generation as we encourage others to find hope in their own “new kinds of normal.” This message will end with a challenge to impact others with the truth we have learned from the life of Christ.
Theme for Conference: Divine Surprises
Theme Scripture — Romans 9:33 MSG
“Careful! I’ve put a huge stone on the road to Mount Zion, a stone you can’t get around. But the stone is me! If you’re looking for me, you’ll find me on the way, not in the way.”
Description of the theme: Carol Kent’s life was turned upside-down when her only child, a graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, was arrested for murder. Life hands most of us unexpected challenges that mean life as we once thought it would be, turns out differently from the “normal life” we anticipated. The retreat weekend will be filled with encouraging reminders that in every difficult experience we encounter, if we are looking for Divine Surprises, we’ll find them, and when we embrace those challenges in the tight spots of life, we will discover an adventurous journey that produces unexpected joy, unanticipated favor, a strengthened faith, and a meaningful adventure. We’ll laugh out loud and wipe a few tears as we discover how to lean into “the grace place
Message 1: “Surprised by Faith”
In this session we’ll discover what faith is–putting our complete reliance and trust, our hopes, dreams, and fears into the hands of God, even though we have no way of knowing how our personal challenge will turn out.
Message 2: “Surprised by Mercy”
Showing mercy is closely associated with compassion. It’s the heart’s response to a person’s need that is demonstrated in a tangible way. One of God’s surprises to us in our hour of need is when someone reaches out to us with unexpected love, and our natural response is to do the same for someone else. And the gift keeps on giving…
Message 3: “Surprised by Thanksgiving”
In this session we’ll investigate a biblical character named Jehosophat who discovered that thanksgiving and praise resulted in an unexpected victory that totally transformed his life. Together we’ll explore the surprising power of praise in the middle of a tough situation and discover how to transform our experiences into the adventure of a lifetime.
Message 4: “Surprised by Freedom”
One of my greatest surprises in the middle of living in “a new kind of normal” is that no matter what our challenges are, God has given us unexpected freedom to use our experiences as a platform to bring spiritual freedom, renewed hope, true joy, and great adventure to other people. This session will focus on freedom on the inside that transforms our experiences into the adventure of a lifetime.